- Name: Educational Park Branch Library
- Address: 1772 Educational Park Drive, San Jose, CA
- Owner: City of San Jose
- General Contractor: Barry Swenson Builder
- Architect: Anderson Brule
- Completion Date: August 2011
- Project Cost: $7.6M
Project Description: Educational Park Branch Library is a public bid project for the City of San Jose. It consisted of the construction of a new 18,057 square foot, one-story library building, including utilities, landscaping and site improvements. Building is wood and steel framed, with a stucco, metal and glass exterior. This is a LEED project, attempting a gold level standing.
The most challenging part of this project was the construction of the compound steel radius structure.
Project goal was to achieve a LEED Silver Status. Project achieved this and is attempting to surpass the goal and achieve LEED Gold.